Official Vikes vs Cats Prediction Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Official Vikes vs Cats Prediction Thread.

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:43 am

Week one is upon us. What's your prediction for the game...?

skycruiser

Re: Official Vikes vs Cats Prediction Thread.

Post by skycruiser » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:51 am

I think we will actually squeak this one out by pure determination from burrow and complete ineptitude of cousins

Cats 30
Viqueens 27

you heard it here first

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:53 am

It's not an easy opener for sure.

Vegas has the Vikes favored by 3 and an over/under of 48.

They see points being scored, and that's not hard to imagine with all of the talent both teams have at the Offensive Skill Positions.

the Vikings let Kyle Rudolph go and lost Irv Smith Jr for the season, so they are thin at TE. That could certainly help out with our less than stellar Linebackers and let the talent in the backfield concentrate on Jefferson and Thielen. We have to have a gameplan to slow down Cook.

I tend to agree with Vegas on this one. I think we start the season 0-1. I predict we keep it close, but I also think that we shake off a lot of the rustiness in this game. I'd like to think that some real game time action will help Burrow get comfortable and once Chase gets the ball a couple of times, his drops will start to go away.

Interestingly in looking for the Odds, I see that The Bengals are Sporting News' upset of the week with the Bengals winning 27-24.

here's what they say
The Vikings are overrated going into the season. The Bengals are underrated. Joe Burrow should be back to lift Cincinnati in the home opener, also helping former LSU teammate Ja'Marr Chase shaky off some preseason issues. Both defenses have some talent, but there also are transitional aspects and lingering weaknesses. The Vikings will try to run often and win with Dalvin Cook, but this will turn into a sneaky shootout with Burrow spreading the field well and out-dueling Kirk Cousins.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:34 pm

I'm still thinking about it, but I really think this will come down to two talking points....JB and Mike Zimmer.

I give Zim a huge edge over Zac and crew. But if Burrow is truly back, is he enough to offset the coaching edge? Dunno.

I'll predict tomorrow.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:04 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:34 pm
I'm still thinking about it, but I really think this will come down to two talking points....JB and Mike Zimmer.

I give Zim a huge edge over Zac and crew. But if Burrow is truly back, is he enough to offset the coaching edge? Dunno.

I'll predict tomorrow.
I don't know about that, Zimmer was able to completely shut down very good QB's in his days here.

I'm going to wait until the end of the week before I send in my prediction, wanna see if any other injuries come about...

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:24 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:04 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:

I'll predict tomorrow.
I don't know about that, Zimmer was able to completely shut down very good QB's in his days here.

I'm going to wait until the end of the week before I send in my prediction, wanna see if any other injuries come about...
We're saying the same thing Meat....I think. I'm saying Zim has the experience and ability edge over Zac. He's going to coach and call a better game, period. But if Burrow is out there making magic, he might be just enough to offset the coaching gap and pull out a win. The overall talent between these two teams appears to be somewhat equal.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:24 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:24 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:04 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:

I'll predict tomorrow.

We're saying the same thing Meat....I think. I'm saying Zim has the experience and ability edge over Zac. He's going to coach and call a better game, period. But if Burrow is out there making magic, he might be just enough to offset the coaching gap and pull out a win. The overall talent between these two teams appears to be somewhat equal.
No I don't think we are, I'm saying we saw with our own eyes Zim shut down good QB's while he was here like Rogers and Brady. Zim's DC skills are over the top and would probably put Burrow in check. I don't think Zim is being out coaching Zac in this one but again I'm going to wait until the end of the week to put in my prediction.
Last edited by MeatHeadbengal on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:13 pm

Yeah, I gotta' go with Meat on this one. You guys are talking across each other. I've been married for over two decades now, trust me on this...🙄

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:12 pm

Burrow will need a half, maybe more, to shake off the rust. It may take even longer. (like a game or two)

Chase will continue to have a case of the dropsies for a game or more also.

Mixon gets 65 yards on the ground.

McPherson will wow us with a spectacular 50+ yard Field Goal.

The new and (slightly) improved Offensive Line will give up two sacks.

The new and (slightly) improved Defense will get three sacks.

But in the end....Bungles gonna' Bungle.

Minny 26 - Kitties 20

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:58 am

Cats 31, Vikes 20