Bengals v Chiefs Game Thread - for all the marbles

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals v Chiefs Game Thread - for all the marbles

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:14 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:06 pm
I generally can’t stand romo and nantz but didn’t hate them too much on this broadcast
Nobody knew what the hell Zac was doing in those final two minutes. I'm not 100% certain even Zac really understood all the metrics involved.... :roll:

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:20 pm

Personally the final 2 minutes I thought Zach did exactly what he's been learning from all season. Zach took the lessons from other games like the 9er's game and said I'm going to keep the game in our hands. We're either going to with with Burrow or lose with Burrow. I liked the call honestly and it worked out.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:47 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:20 pm
Personally the final 2 minutes I thought Zach did exactly what he's been learning from all season. Zach took the lessons from other games like the 9er's game and said I'm going to keep the game in our hands. We're either going to with with Burrow or lose with Burrow. I liked the call honestly and it worked out.
I think as a principle it is ok to prefer the game be in your hands. However, every situation is drastically different and commands on the fly analysis from the staff. There should be people in the booth that know this stuff almost instantly and can radio down and say "Zac, odds are we kick here", or throw, or sneak, or whatever. Bottom line, this information is available and they should have it at their fingertips. But there are so many other factors such as momentum, injury, whether or not they already used a play earlier in the game, wind, etc. In that exact situation I would have kicked on the second pass attempt. The difference from running the extra play was only 8 seconds. And the three points there with about 1:04 to play and KC having no TO's just about ensures a win or OT.

I know, I know. We won so why be critical. I'm not. I'm just saying that more often than not Zac and crew need to know the stats and try to stick to it. He was feeling the mojo and wanted to ice the game. But without that penalty we would have been in OT anyway. Therefore, the kick was probably the best option.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:51 pm

Tony Dungy had good comments saying the opposing QB dictates everything you do in those situations. Applauded the bengals for doing everything possible to keep it out of Mahomes hands

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:17 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:51 pm
Tony Dungy had good comments saying the opposing QB dictates everything you do in those situations. Applauded the bengals for doing everything possible to keep it out of Mahomes hands
ive been reading and seeing ALOT of critics siding with Zac on this one... in fact... i dont think ive seen a single TV personality say otherwise. This includes the stat geeks as i stated in an earlier post.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:25 pm

orange_black wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:17 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:51 pm
ive been reading and seeing ALOT of critics siding with Zac on this one... in fact... i dont think ive seen a single TV personality say otherwise. This includes the stat geeks as i stated in an earlier post.
In my humble opinion it was the right call. It puts empowerment into the players and I liked the call. I can't say I'd have the same guts to make those calls.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:38 pm

Just noticed Mag visited us.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:22 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:38 pm
Yeah I sent him a FB message and told him we missed him. Said he was super busy launching the business and has been lurking from time to time. Come playoffs he’ll rejoin the fun

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:36 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:22 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Yeah I sent him a FB message and told him we missed him. Said he was super busy launching the business and has been lurking from time to time. Come playoffs he’ll rejoin the fun
Hey, if he can't be here to argue with Meat throughout the regular season why should we allow him back for the playoffs....? :x

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:17 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:36 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:22 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Hey, if he can't be here to argue with Meat throughout the regular season why should we allow him back for the playoffs....? :x
Mag's got common sense so he'd be arguing more with you then me!