stripesincarolina

Re: Super Bowl LVI Game Thread.

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:02 pm

Zoo wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:33 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:56 pm
Grabbing the hot sauce again.....

Now there is a pic out there of the last play of the game that shows Aaron Donald a half yard offsides and they didnt call it. That should have been first down, with two T/Os well within Money Macs range. The hits just keep on coming. :x
I just watched the last series again. Don't think Donald was offsides on the last play. I also think Perine may have gotten the first down. Was hard to tell because of the logo. If you watch it closely where the ball starts ( Hopkins hand) and where the ball needs to go ( Flag on far side). It looks like he made it. At least should have gotten a review.
100% he was offsides. The LOS photo is out there in multiple places. His head was past Hopkins hand holding the ball!

I'm not good at posting images here, so here is the image link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=donald+ ... mjbgZoOh7M
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:46 pm

Burrow got greedy and cost us the game. There I said it. Everyone wants to complain about Perine not making it on 3rd down. And not getting an offsides call on 4th and 1. Burrow got greedy on 2nd and 1. He had two receivers wide open on the Rams 45 yard line. Boyd in the middle and , I believe Higgins or Uzomah near the sideline. But, he decided to go for a big play that wasn't there.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:21 pm

Games over, let's move on.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:36 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:21 pm
Games over, let's move on.
LoL, I have. Just trying to help Stripes out.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:55 pm

Thats an awesome bedside manner you have there Zoo! :lol: Where were you during my Covid weeks? You could have been telling me I was a slacker and to get off my ass and go to work. That would have made a huge difference! LOL.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:47 pm

Kudos to Zac for owning the decision to have and keep Perine in the game. But the play calls were horrible anyway. And if Perine was in there as a blocking back, exactly who the hell did he block when he carried the ball once and was downfield on the 4th down play?? Just piss poor execution all the way around on those last two plays.

Geoff Hobson

Bengals.com Senior Writer

Marcio Jose Sanchez/Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

_On Samaje Perine carrying the ball on third-and one in the last drive and not Joe Mixon:

"We were in 2-minute mode and Samaje has done a great job. His role has really been as a protecting back and a lot of the things that come with that, off of that. It's one of those situations where I called the play a little later on the clock. And so, I was the one that said leave him in there. Justin Hill, our running backs coach, asked if we wanted to make a change. I said, just leave Samaje in there.

"Obviously, it didn't work out for us. Whether Joe is in there or not, he's certainly deserving of the opportunity in a key moment in a key game to try to get it for us as our featured back. But again, that's just one of the decisions you make in the moment and you've got to move forward with it. There's other things I certainly could have done over the course of the game that would have put us in a better position. Unfortunately, we couldn't get it done."

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:10 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:47 pm
Kudos to Zac for owning the decision to have and keep Perine in the game. But the play calls were horrible anyway. And if Perine was in there as a blocking back, exactly who the hell did he block when he carried the ball once and was downfield on the 4th down play?? Just piss poor execution all the way around on those last two plays.

Geoff Hobson

_On Samaje Perine carrying the ball on third-and one in the last drive and not Joe Mixon:

"We were in 2-minute mode and Samaje has done a great job. His role has really been as a protecting back and a lot of the things that come with that, off of that. It's one of those situations where I called the play a little later on the clock. And so, I was the one that said leave him in there. Justin Hill, our running backs coach, asked if we wanted to make a change. I said, just leave Samaje in there.

"Obviously, it didn't work out for us. Whether Joe is in there or not, he's certainly deserving of the opportunity in a key moment in a key game to try to get it for us as our featured back. But again, that's just one of the decisions you make in the moment and you've got to move forward with it. There's other things I certainly could have done over the course of the game that would have put us in a better position. Unfortunately, we couldn't get it done."
I've seen Mixon get stuffed several times this season on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 so I don't wanna hear anything about Perine. He's a decent back and if it wasn't for the long catch and run td against Tennessee we wouldn't have made it as far as we did.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:14 pm

Stat that probably means nothing, other than it's really hard to make it to the Super Bowl. And that some of those teams made it there despite their QB:

None of the last 16 QBs to lose their Super Bowl debut have ever lead a team back to the Super Bowl

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:15 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:10 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:

Geoff Hobson

I've seen Mixon get stuffed several times this season on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 so I don't wanna hear anything about Perine. He's a decent back and if it wasn't for the long catch and run td against Tennessee we wouldn't have made it as far as we did.
Mostly with you. Mixon would have given you a better receiving option but this wasnt as much about Perrine as it was the play calls and Zac's admission of getting the play in late.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:34 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:15 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:10 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:

Geoff Hobson

Mostly with you. Mixon would have given you a better receiving option but this wasnt as much about Perrine as it was the play calls and Zac's admission of getting the play in late.
Gotcha. Seems like we didn't do a good job as a team getting 1st downs from 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1s while running the ball this year.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.