2023 Off-season thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
4256 Hits

Re: 2023 Off-season thread

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:48 pm

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/sta ... _&ref_url=

This would be funny it the loss still didn't hurt.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:58 pm

Here is the projected contracts for the Bengals free agents from Pro Football Focus. These are only the Top 100 Free Agents, so players not in their top 100 don't have projections.

Jessie Bates - 5 years, 15 mil avg per year. 40 mil guaranteed.

Vonn Bell - 3 years, 7.33 mil per year. 13.25 guaranteed.

Germaine Pratt - 3 years, 8.25 mil per year. 14.75 guaranteed

Hayden Hurst - 3 years, 9.5 mil per year. 17 mil guaranteed

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:18 pm

If I recall correctly, his agent was asking for something in the 17mil/yr area. I believe the Bengals came up to around the 13mil/yr area. Does anyone have more specific numbers...?

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:26 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:18 pm
If I recall correctly, his agent was asking for something in the 17mil/yr area. I believe the Bengals came up to around the 13mil/yr area. Does anyone have more specific numbers...?
I don't have specifics but I think the Bengals were over that 13 mil/yr number but just under the 15 mil/yr. I really wish they could get Bates back, I'm not sold on Hill at all.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:31 pm

The sticking point was guaranteed money.

The Bengals offered Bates a TOTAL of 4 million guaranteed above the tag amount. And that doesn't mean 4 mil per year. The tag was between 12 and 13 mil.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:50 pm

Of course... :roll:

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/.amp/news ... -joe-mixon

Report: Arrest Warrant Issued for Bengals RB Joe Mixon
An arrest warrant has been issued for Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon, per a report.

Despite the Cincinnati Bengals just beginning their offseason after the loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, they already have a major issue on their hands. An arrest warrant has been issued for running back Joe Mixon on a count of aggravated menacing, according to a report.

At this time, there is no knowledge of where the warrant is out or what the incident was.

Mixon had just eight totes for 19 yards in the AFC Championship game on Sunday. On the season, Mixon ran for 814 yards and had another 441 receiving.

This isn't the first incident with Mixon, while in Oklahoma he was caught on video knocking a female unconscious with a punch.

The Bengals have not released a statement at this time. Mixon is not a free agent until following the 2024 season.

Cincinnati 💔 @CincyProblems
BREAKING: An arrest warrant has reportedly been issued for #Bengals RB Joe Mixon for "Aggravated Menacing".

The warrant states Mixon threatened and pointed a gun at a woman while in Downtown Cincinnati, per
@Chris_Renkel.
It looks like the incident occurred on January 21st at 300 Walnut Street, the day before the #Bengals/#Bills playoff game.

Charlie Goldsmith @CharlieG__
Statement from Bengals on Joe Mixon: "The club is aware misdemeanor charges have been raised against Joe Mixon. The club is investigating the situation and will not comment further at this time.

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
Affidavit alleges Joe Mixon pointed a gun at the victim stating, “You should be popped in the face, I should shoot you.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:37 pm

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
#Broncos signed Isaiah Prince to reserve-future deal.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:19 pm

Mike Petraglia @Trags
Micon was a cap casualty candidate before this allegation. If he’s cut pre-June 1, Bengals savings is $7.2 million. Post, 10 million.

HogsFan

Post by HogsFan » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:33 pm

As a father of a teenage girl …

If the allegations are substantiated - I vote “he gone”

Mixon had no need to threaten a woman.

He was given a huge 2nd chance after college.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:36 pm

HogsFan wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:33 pm
As a father of a teenage girl …

If the allegations are substantiated - I vote “he gone”

Mixon had no need to threaten a woman.

He was given a huge 2nd chance after college.
Agent: Charges against Joe Mixon will be dropped on Friday
Posted by Mike Florio on February 2, 2023, 8:24 PM EST

Agent Peter Schaffer told Tom Pelissero of NFL Network that the charges will be dropped on Friday.

“It was a rush to judgement,” Schaffer told Pelissero. “They’re dropping the charges first thing in the morning. I really feel that police have an obligation before they file charges — because of the damage that can be done to the person’s reputation — to do their work. They should be held to a higher standard. Because I don’t play with people’s lives.”

It’s unclear why the charges are being dropped. Possibly, prosecutors believe they can prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. It’s possible the alleged victim has recanted.

No one has posted any statement from the alleged victim, or the alleged victim’s lawyer (if the alleged victim has one). It’s unclear whether NFL Network sought a statement from the alleged victim, or from the alleged victim’s lawyer, before posting the statement from Mixon’s agent.

If the alleged victim hasn’t rescinded the allegation, other avenues are available, including the civil court system. So even if the criminal case ends tomorrow, that doesn’t mean that the issue will definitely be over.