Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:28 am
stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:38 am
Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:47 pm
Would be great ...... If true. :?

Malik Wright (@Wrightreportt)
Btw the Bengals have already been in contact with Trai Turner . 💪
Now you have my attention. If they pull this off it really allows them be creative in the draft. And I think they played their hand with the removal of Ross, AJ and now Erickson. I think they are planning to take Chase at #5, I bet they go DE in the second round unless they can package a deal to somehow get maybe Slater much lower in the first. They'll take another OL prospect if he's there. Otherwise they go all defense in the later rounds assuming they get a piece like Turner on board now and get Chase at #5.

Make this happen Mikey and you get a solid A from me for the offseason effort.

Now go win.
As much as I would like to see them take Chase at #5 even over Swallows, I just don't think they are setting themselves up for that. To me it looks like they are thinking they can take swallows and then strike gold again in the 2nd with a WR like they did with Higgins.
I'd like for them sign an interior olineman so they have more options in the draft. Cause with Reiffs one year deal you almost have to take Sewell at 5 if he's there. Give me Turner or another 26-27 year old olineman and we have options at 5 and in 2nd round. Right now we almost have to take Sewell and take a guard in 2 or 3. Imo. Which isn't allllllll that bad, but I don't like going into the draft knowing we HAVE to select a certain a position in a certain round.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Re: 2021 Free Agency

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:57 am

Joe B, here's an article stating it appears they are going out after that OG we all are looking for.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/ben ... rai-turner

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:24 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:57 am
Joe B, here's an article stating it appears they are going out after that OG we all are looking for.

That's good. For me though I just don't know who's all out there. I know Turner didn't have a good year but if they sign him maybe Pollack can get him back to where he was.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:32 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:24 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:57 am

That's good. For me though I just don't know who's all out there. I know Turner didn't have a good year but if they sign him maybe Pollack can get him back to where he was.
He's still very young for O-line standards, I think if he can get over his ankle and growing issue he'd be back to where he was before pretty easy.

Exile

Post by Exile » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:28 pm

From The Athletic, on Reiff:
So if the Bengals draft Sewell and he comes in and destroys everyone in his path in training camp and the team decides to start him at tackle, how would that sit with Reiff?

“I told them I would play wherever,” he said. “I am open to anything. I am just here to protect Joe and win a lot of football games. I played guard in college. Wherever they ask me to play I will step in and play.”
Obviously easy to say, but you’ve gotta love the team-first mentality.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 pm

I keep refreshing pages because I'm just waiting for the next shoe to drop. I really feel like Turner is our next signing just waiting to see it happen.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
9m
Sources: #Lions FA WR Kenny Golladay is picking the #Giants, expected to complete a deal with NYG to give QB Daniel Jones a top receiver. A big FA off the board.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:49 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 pm
I keep refreshing pages because I'm just waiting for the next shoe to drop. I really feel like Turner is our next signing just waiting to see it happen.
Thinking I want Turner too. Fresh scenery, new good oline coach, might become a good player. But I'm thinking someone like Cinci who'll prolly only give him a year or 2 contract because of his down year last year. I'd say he's holding out for more years the reason he hasn't signed yet.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:10 pm

People saying 4 yrs 72 mill and like 40 mil gaurenteed for Golloday.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:19 pm

NFL Rumors (@nflrums)
Sammy Watkins another WR to look at hearing rumored interest from the #Bengals #Chiefs # and #Bears #NFL #nflrumors