Cats v Jets Game Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Cats v Jets Game Thread

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:24 pm

Cmon out boys! Lol. We're as speechless as you are lol!
Last edited by Joe Bananas on Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:25 pm

TheBurn wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:24 pm
that was ugly... hope they got it out of their system
let's see these cats show a little humility this coming week
they have a long way to go still
I mean who cares? Bad game, good game, bad game, good game. We can't win when it matters so what's the point. We're a .500 team. Nothing more. And we have been for years.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:33 pm

Wonder if we're still the number 1 seed...? Asking for a friend...

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:54 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:15 pm
There’s a long way to go in this season. A fall from grace is always one snap away in the NFL,.....
Yeah.....considering how fragile this franchise has been almost since its inception I'd wait a bit before declaring victory on all these points.... 8-)
This is why I wrote this earlier in the week. This team is still learning how to win and it always bugs me when people start making Super Bowl plans after a win or two. (That's just a metaphor Meat :roll: )

This team is probably going to be up and down all season guys. Try not to get too high or too low every week and let's just see where we are in January when the whole seasons dust has settled. 8-)

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:05 pm

You have to beat the lion's, you have to beat the Jets, you have to beat the Bears and other slap ass teams sooo you don't have to beat the rats twice, the steelers twice, the browns twice. That what these games like this are for. Control your own destiny. Well after losing to the teams like the Jets you have others controlling what you have to do. That's what makes me mad! Cause now you're putting yourself in position you have to win against the top teams in order to mayybeeee get to the playoffs. Mayyyybbeeeeee

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:16 pm

I’m surprised some of you are surprised

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:37 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:16 pm
I’m surprised some of you are surprised
Well, I mean I honesty thought they would beat the Jets. I haven't picked this team to win too many times this year, because I invision most games like today being most weekends. I think I picked them to beat the lion's and Jets.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:00 pm

Well guys I'm going to take 100% responsibility on this loss. We forgot the baby's Bengals outfit this morning before heading to church and visiting grandpa. This game is exactly why we can't have nice things!!

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:34 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:00 pm
Well guys I'm going to take 100% responsibility on this loss. We forgot the baby's Bengals outfit this morning before heading to church and visiting grandpa. This game is exactly why we can't have nice things!!
Just blows my mind. Are we ever going to get over that bungles hump? Just so upsetting to see them play the way they did against green Bay and rats and then out defense acts like today they never faced a Qb before. Just makes me sooo upset!

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:05 am

This game was just gross. I was pretty much disgusted from the first play.

While it's true that Mike White played well, his passes only averaged less than 3.73 yards of air time per attempt. This loss can almost purely be blamed on the tackling.

Also, I love Burrow. I'd protect the guy with my own life to keep him on the field in a Bengal uniform. But he has to learn to make some better decisions. I understand the urge to try to make a play rather than give up on the play, but the bad decisions are what is keeping Burrow from achieving greatness. It's certainly early in his career, and I do think he will get better at those decisions. And clearly getting him more time will help him from having to try and make those quick decisions. Burrow is now tied for the lead in Interceptions with 9.

We all know that helmet to helmet call was BS. I hate the people who say that you shouldn't have put yourself in a position for that to matter. There are two NFL teams out there. Both teams filled with Professional football players who are being paid to win games at the highest level. Sometimes a game comes down to a play or two. We may or may not have won, but that play took away our chance have a shot at a game winning drive and it really pissed me off.

This team isn't as bad as yesterday made us look and we certainly aren't as good as the Ravens game made us look. We are somewhere in the middle, which is right about where we should be in terms of development right now. If we go in and beat Cleveland next week to go to 3-0 in the division, this Jets game is going to be easy put behind us. The bottom line is that we are still in a very good spot to try and get into the playoffs this year and not a lot of people expected that coming into the season.