2022 Free Agency News & Chatter

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Mag

Re: 2022 Free Agency News & Chatter

Post by Mag » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:48 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:15 pm
this would be massive

We've seen the #Bengals trade to try and fill an OL need before (Cordy Glenn from Bills in 2018). That took dropping back nine spots in the first round.

Adding a RT would hit them square with talent on need. Don't know if they would here, but it makes sense.
Quote Tweet
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 30m
The #Cowboys are having active trade conversations centered around starting OT La'el Collins, sources say. A mainstay since 2015, Collins is due $10M this coming year and there is interest from other teams.
Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
20m
Plus, Collins is from LSU, so the quest to employ everyone but Mike the Tiger would be on brand.

Also, as
@KelseyLConway
rightly noted, Frank Pollack coached Collins in Dallas. He would know if the personality fit and bring coaching familiarity.
I like the move. Might come cheaper than expected. He did get suspended for bribing the drug test official.

He does seem like a good dude. He adopted a kitten from the shelter my ex-gf worked. She was closing down and he came in with his kid late to get the kitten that they were looking at previously. He mentioned he was a Cowboy and offered an extra donation for the shelter. Funny part was that she is a big LSU fan, and she had no clue that he played there.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:15 pm

Mag wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:48 pm
He did get suspended for bribing the drug test official.
Sounds like a Bengal to me... :lol:

Willie Lutz (@willie_lutz)
La’el Collins is much, much, much more realistic than Terron Armstead and Laremy Tunsil.
Plus, the #Bengals trading for his $10 million in 2022 is probably exactly the dollar figure they’d want to spend on a free agent tackle.According to PFF, La’el Collins was the 15th ranked tackle last season.

Terron Armstead ranked 26th. Trent Brown ranked 33rd. Morgan Moses ranked 40th. Eric Fisher ranked 46th. Riley Reiff ranked 49th.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:18 pm

The money might be right on Collins but he was being outplayed by Steele. And Cowboys fans are happy to see him go. I think he has some question marks that we can only hope would go away playing for a familiar face in Pollack and being in a much better culture than Dallas right now.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:16 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:47 pm
What I tell you guys yesterday about hobnob?!?! He's a fawking idiot.

But I guess no one seems to read my posts anymore. Oh well.
I hear ya' Joseph. I swear that must be Hobslob's opening line when he introduces himself. "Hi, I'm Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com. The team really can't spend much this offseason. Or, "Yes, this is Geoff Hobson I'd like a table for two and ya' know, the Bengals really don't have the cap space to be very active in free agency this year...."

"You....over there under the mistletoe! You're going to get more action than the Bengals will next offseason...." :roll:

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:24 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:16 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:

I hear ya' Joseph. I swear that must be Hobslob's opening line when he introduces himself. "Hi, I'm Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com. The team really can't spend much this offseason. Or, "Yes, this is Geoff Hobson I'd like a table for two and ya' know, the Bengals really don't have the cap space to be very active in free agency this year...."

"You....over there under the mistletoe! You're going to get more action than the Bengals will next offseason...." :roll:
Lol. I mean I know we don't have a mint, but we have enough to sign a few players....then he states that we won't even be active in free agency. Guess he didn't listen to Tobin or Zac saying we pretty much were.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:39 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:24 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:

Lol. I mean I know we don't have a mint, but we have enough to sign a few players....then he states that we won't even be active in free agency. Guess he didn't listen to Tobin or Zac saying we pretty much were.
He literally says the same BS every year. We could literally have 100 billion in cap space and he would say we can't spend that much in FA. I honestly believe he keeps his job cause he's a mini me soP clone!

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:06 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:39 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:24 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

He literally says the same BS every year. We could literally have 100 billion in cap space and he would say we can't spend that much in FA. I honestly believe he keeps his job cause he's a mini me soP clone!
Same. I always thought and the guys here always thought he is where he is and stays where he's at because he's a typical "yes man" to SoP. But I get it though. SoP doesn't want someone like a hack spreading rumors, talking bad about his organization, etc, and all. And if I wad SoP I wouldn't want that either. But Hobson is so bad that he releases we signed a free agent like a week after everyone else does. I just don't go there anymore to get information because what I wanna know I have already found out via Twitter, and other sources.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:13 pm

I talk bad about him and then he says this

"If I'm writing a Ryan Jensen story in the next 96 hours it wouldn't shock me."

-Geoff Hobson on the potential of Ryan Jensen to Cincinnati

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:07 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:13 pm

9th
We are not paying $15mm for a center. And if we do we're freaking stupid. Hopkins knows the system, he was injured all season and if you stack the guards with "glass eaters" like Pollack wants he will play that much better. Spend the money on Gs and Ts Mikey.
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:15 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:07 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:13 pm

9th
We are not paying $15mm for a center. And if we do we're freaking stupid. Hopkins knows the system, he was injured all season and if you stack the guards with "glass eaters" like Pollack wants he will play that much better. Spend the money on Gs and Ts Mikey.
I think they'll kick the tires and make him an offer, but I think we'll be out bid-if you will.