Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:11 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:13 pm
Lewis Cine, safety, Georgia is my prediction. I believe both safeties are FA after the season and will only be able to afford to pay one of them.
I had him in my top 5 a few months ago of who I wanted. He's a tackler, some of the best closing speed I've seen by a safety. Plays around the line and would be a great addition.

Honestly. Just from what I've read, heard, what they're talking about taken, etc...I honestly don't feel good about then resigning or extending Bates. I just think his agent is wanting wayyyy to much and we have tons of guys the next 2 to3 years to resign.

Elam
Hill
Cine

Would be great gets at 31 - if we even keep the pick.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:20 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:11 am
4256 Hits wrote:
Lewis Cine, safety, Georgia is my prediction. I believe both safeties are FA after the season and will only be able to afford to pay one of them.
I had him in my top 5 a few months ago of who I wanted. He's a tackler, some of the best closing speed I've seen by a safety. Plays around the line and would be a great addition.

Honestly. Just from what I've read, heard, what they're talking about taken, etc...I honestly don't feel good about then resigning or extending Bates. I just think his agent is wanting wayyyy to much and we have tons of guys the next 2 to3 years to resign.

Elam
Hill
Cine

Sad honestly Bates is a proven commodity at Safety and is only 24, I don't think not resigning him is an option.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:14 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:20 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:11 am
4256 Hits wrote:

Elam
Hill
Cine

Sad honestly Bates is a proven commodity at Safety and is only 24, I don't think not resigning him is an option.
Agree with you. But I just have a feeling if they can get a safety in this draft within the first 2 days then they'll have leverage on whether or not they wanna pay big for Bates or allow him to move on, take a comp pick and have Hill, Cine, Pitre as his replacement.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:43 pm

I'm having a hard time working up any real interest in this draft let alone actual enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we'll get a solid, serviceable player at 31. Unless Zac has a brain fart I'm confident we're done with the "Junior" Samples type of picks. I expect we'll get some decent players in each round. A CB, a WR, a Safety, some O-line depth etc...

But by virtue of picking at 31 there are soooooo many variables in front of us God alone knows who will drop and who will be left when we come around. It's virtually impossible to predict selecting that far back. I'm good with Linderbaum if he falls to us (most experts don't think he will anymore).

We currently have Karras penciled in at Center but he's played Guard before so if he starts the season at Center but gives way to Linderbaum mid-way thru the season and moves to Guard that's fine with me. That would give us four new O-lineman in front of Burrow. What more can you realistically ask for?

if they go CB instead I don't blame them. Safety's fine too. Edge? Good with that move too.

I'll stick with my original prediction of several weeks ago and say they trade back when the pick comes. Some QB is likely to fall and some team picking early in the second round will want to move up to secure their future and offer us a 3rd and 5th and a 3rd next year, something like that, to move up to 31. As many experts have said, the talent level of players at 25-32 spots isn't significantly different than those at 33-36.

We may all sit thru 3 hours of boring draft picks just to find out the Bengals don't even make a pick Thursday night.... 8-)

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:44 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:43 pm
We may all sit thru 3 hours of boring draft picks just to find out the Bengals don't even make a pick Thursday night.... 8-)

Lap just said that on 700 wlw.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:24 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:44 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:43 pm

Lap just said that on 700 wlw.
Great minds....

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:29 am

Here is my Bengals Mock Draft

31. Kaiir Elam – CB Florida

I think McDuffie and Booth will be gone and Gordon isn’t the player Elam is

63. Perrion Winfrey – DT Oklahoma

A lot of good players they could have chosen here (TE McBride, S Cook, OT Kinnard or Faalele) but Winfrey is a good DT

95. Jamaree Salyer – OL Georgia

Bengals actually considered Salyer in the second round. Versatility here but is a proven LT and I believe the team is looking to upgrade from Jonah

136. Grant Calcaterra – TE SMU

I would have chose another TE, or perhaps a different player/position but I’m going now by some of the visits the Bengals had recently and this guy was one of them.

I like Jake Ferguson from Wisconsin, the TE better than this guy, but again, I’m going by teams visits

174. David Bell – WR Purdue

Will be groomed to take Boyd’s position as a Slot Receiver. Had a great career at Purdue but tested slow on his 40, with a 4.65 but plays faster than that

210. Smoke Monday – S Auburn

This is another guy who visited with the team recently. I just like the name alone, so I picked him here. Good size at 6’2 207

227. Isaiah Thomas – EDGE Oklahoma

This guy should probably go a bit earlier but doesn’t. Proto Size at 6’4 266

253. Luke Wattenberg – C/Oline Washington

Believe the Bengals talked to this guy too at the combine or maybe recently.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:32 pm

One of the more interesting predictions I saw in several mock drafts was us taking the Punter out of San Diego State in the middle rounds.

The idea of us having the top Kicker and Punter in the league for the next decade or more is intriguing to say the least.... 8-)

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:05 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:32 pm
One of the more interesting predictions I saw in several mock drafts was us taking the Punter out of San Diego State in the middle rounds.

The idea of us having the top Kicker and Punter in the league for the next decade or more is intriguing to say the least.... 8-)
I seen that too. And honestly wouldn't mind at all. Hell use a 4th on him. Didn't we use a 4th on that one dude years ago who was supposed to a P and K? Travis Dorsh or something like that.

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:06 pm

Still working on my final mock. Should have it soon.