Bengals v Bucs Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Bengals v Bucs Game Thread.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:12 pm

orange_black wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:38 am
I will say.. that 3rd quarter was something out of a movie.

Although it does bring up a great point. In the past, we would have TOTALLY been on the other side of that 3rd quarter. I could totally see that happen to us ... against the steelers.... on monday night.

But thats the beauty of this team. we are NOT that team anymore. in fact i feel like i have seen that happen multiple times since Burrow has come here. I cant tell you how many times ive told myself, "man, that used to be a bengals way to lose".

I am super proud of where this team is. I love Burrow. Heck im even putting up with Zac Taylor for now.

and if we're (one of us anyways) not going to give the bengals credit for the 2nd half... then we cant give the bucs credit for the first half... because... they only looked so good because we played like utter crap. there that makes sense. i guess.
+1

I would also like to say that these players since 2019 have always played very hard. While you don't like Zac and think he needs to be let go think about how hard this team plays. How they've never let up even in their crappy seasons. I've heard this on many different occasions now and it really shows these players love Zac and this coaching staff. This team is never out of a game, even if it's 21 points against great teams like KC in high pressure situations like AFC championship games.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:20 pm

orange_black wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:26 am
LOL. even when he's wrong, he's right.
I said being the better team on paper isn't always enough and if you watched the first half yesterday you saw what I was referring to.

It's really not that hard guys... :roll:
and if we're (one of us anyways) not going to give the bengals credit for the 2nd half... then we cant give the bucs credit for the first half... because... they only looked so good because we played like utter crap. there that makes sense. i guess.
It's not that I'm not giving them any credit, it's that I'm not giving as much credit as some of you are. There's a difference. And I would disagree that the Bucs only looked good in the first half because we looked like crap.

We looked liked crap because the Bucs were playing so well. We came out flat and with no intensity while the Bucs played like a team that was fighting for their playoff lives.

We can't keep coming out flat and hope to rely on our defensive adjustments and turnovers in the second half to pull our fat (no offense Meat) out of the fire.

We might survive against a mediocre opponent like the Bucs or the Pat's but that's going to get us killed against the Bills and possibly the Ravens. We'll see...

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:04 pm

Bengals are now 6-0 in the toughest stretch of their schedule. I don't know about some of you all but I'm enjoying the heck out of this!

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:17 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:04 pm
Bengals are now 6-0 in the toughest stretch of their schedule. I don't know about some of you all but I'm enjoying the heck out of this!
+1

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:22 pm

Seriously, have you seen the ravens play recently? I’ll give you their RB is a stud, the defence isn’t horrible, but the rest of the team pretty much blows!

The Bills on form will be a challenge but at least we will be at home, but really believe we should cruise the pats and ravens… we will indeed see

On a side note, how about the Bengals support in Tampa!!! They got pretty loud😊

We might survive against a mediocre opponent like the Bucs or the Pat's but that's going to get us killed against the Bills and possibly the Ravens. We'll see...
[/quote]

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:55 pm

Yeah, the Ratbirds may be declining at just the right time for us. Or our usual Bungle luck will rear it's ugly head and it'll be a dogfight all the way.

Time will tell...