2023 Off-season thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: 2023 Off-season thread

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:52 am

Yeah I'm not saying to draft a RB in first. But if Robinson is BPA at 29 them what do we do? The more of a running game we have the more easier it is on Burrow. I don't think guys like Drake, Montgomery and others named would help the running game. They would be nothing more than a body count. Especially if we do lose Higgins then the running game is really going to have to open up, if not then we're going to be pretty much a one dimensional team...throw the ball to Chase only. Basically we're alot like that now. We aren't good at TE, we aren't a power running team. Burrow is great, don't get me wrong but do you really wanna see him drop back 50+ times a game. We need more to compete. To get over that little edge that's ahead of us. I love the passing game don't get me wrong. But sooner or later teams are gonna figure out that's all we are. And I don't want that.

Of course I'd love to have a Olinemen, CB or EDGE in the first. Hell yeah! Edge rushers are the prime in our conference. If you can't stop Mahomes, Allen, Tua and others them we'll only get this far each and every year.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:07 am

Its going to be hard to address every position of need in one off-season. Despite the fact that the salary cap keeps going up there's only so much money to go around and we have current players on our roster to address first.

Meat is right, they got lucky with Volson and found a solid starter in round 4. I would suspect they go back to that well and look for another O-lineman around that same area of the draft again this year. Despite the issues with Williams and Cartman I just don't see them taking a Tackle high in the draft or in the first week of Free Agency and tying up that kind of money with other, more pressing needs on the team.

Several early Mocks have us taking a TE with our first pick but as nice as that sounds I have a hard time believing it with how thin we are at CB and DT. I still think those are the areas they'll address first and then look for role players in the mid to later rounds. That includes RB.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:14 am

It's pointless to nitpick on what position they would be willing to draft with round 1.

We all know this team likes value and likes best player available at position of need. (Or sometimes not even a position of need)

I really wouldn't be surprised if they took any position other than QB or Kicker with the first pick.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:25 am

There's another aspect to this Mixon fiasco that isn't really being addressed. We all know SoP has a penchant for underdogs and hard cases. He loves to give people second chances and is especially loyal to his own players.

If the chargers against Mixon really are dropped I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him brought back next year like nothing ever happened. Don't bet against it...

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:41 pm

And there you have it...

700WLW @700wlw
The aggravated menacing charge against
@Joe_MainMixon is being dismissed at the request of the city prosecutor.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:25 pm

We need to somehow find us a serious pass rushing threat on the edge. Don't get me wrong I love Hubbard and Hendrickson, but imagine pushing Hubbard down into DT for passing downs.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:20 pm

Apparently the case against Mixon is only being dismissed until Police gather more evidence. According to video of the dismissal the victim still wishes to proceed.

Stay tuned.... :roll:

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:59 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:25 pm
We need to somehow find us a serious pass rushing threat on the edge. Don't get me wrong I love Hubbard and Hendrickson, but imagine pushing Hubbard down into DT for passing downs.
Same here Meat. You cannot have enough. And they are gold if you happen to pick one that can stand out.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:03 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:20 pm
Apparently the case against Mixon is only being dismissed until Police gather more evidence. According to video of the dismissal the victim still wishes to proceed.

Stay tuned.... :roll:
Honestly with what we all have seen in the news over the last 4 or 5 years I couldn't even care if I wanted too. This was news 10 years ago for a team. But with all that's happening in the world, this shouldn't even be back page news. If he did it then he did it. If he didn't then didn't.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:24 pm

"Joe Bananas" If he did it then he did it. If he didn't then didn't.
I want JoeB on my jury. :lol: