Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Tue May 07, 2024 2:46 pm

Cincinnati 💔 @CincyProblems
BREAKING: #Bengals WR Tyler Boyd is signing with the #Titans, per jFowlereson.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue May 07, 2024 2:50 pm

Charlie Goldsmith @CharlieG__
Some takeaways from Joe Burrow’s practice...

-It looked like a normal practice, and the top brass didn’t seem overly locked in analyzing how his wrist looked because he’s in a good place.
-Burrow’s first throw on air with five skill guys on the field: 12 personnel, under center deep shot to Mike Gesicki.
-Burrow was working really closely with Gesicki, and they had a lot of conversations where Burrow pointed and motioned what he’s looking for on different routes
-Burrow was taking extra snaps, getting as many reps as possible and was very vocal along with Dan Pitcher.
-Burrow is noticeably stronger than he was last year.

Also, Vonn Bell is back in a very vocal role at safety.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue May 07, 2024 7:32 pm

all of that ☝️ sounds friggin' great

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed May 08, 2024 11:50 am

I had high hopes for Bailey when we took him. I actually recognized him from his time at Purdue where he was a monster. I know he had injury problems late in his college career that caused him to drop in the draft. Good luck to him here in the desert...

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #AZCardinals are signing former #Bengals LB Markus Bailey to a 1-year deal, source said. Bailey was a core special teamer for Cincinnati with 20 ST tackles over the past two seasons.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:12 am

Ben Baby @Ben_Baby
Bengals have signed the following draft picks:
-- DT McKinnley Jackson
-- CB Josh Newton
-- TE Tanner McLachlan
-- S Daijahn Anthony
-- C Matt Lee

Unsigned picks: OT Amarius Mims, DT Kris Jenkins, WR Jermaine Burton, TE Erick All.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun May 12, 2024 1:58 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:12 am
Ben Baby @Ben_Baby
Bengals have signed the following draft picks:
-- DT McKinnley Jackson
-- CB Josh Newton
-- TE Tanner McLachlan
-- S Daijahn Anthony
-- C Matt Lee

Unsigned picks: OT Amarius Mims, DT Kris Jenkins, WR Jermaine Burton, TE Erick All.
I love this salary type signings instead of the old say. Gawd remember when our guys would hold out until like August or longer?
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:21 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 1:58 pm
I love this salary type signings instead of the old say. Gawd remember when our guys would hold out until like August or longer?
Yep. :x

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:29 pm

:roll:

BENGALS TALK 🗣 @BengalsTalk
“Hendrickson wants to make it clear he wants to keep dancing in #Cincinnati until the end of his career.

"I love it here. This is the team that opened its arms to me," he has always said since they made him their richest free agent ever before the Super Bowl run of 2021.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue May 14, 2024 8:41 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:29 pm
:roll:

BENGALS TALK 🗣 @BengalsTalk
“Hendrickson wants to make it clear he wants to keep dancing in #Cincinnati until the end of his career.

"I love it here. This is the team that opened its arms to me," he has always said since they made him their richest free agent ever before the Super Bowl run of 2021.
Don't get me wrong I completely understand what he's saying, HOWEVER this is a business and he's getting up there in age. If he's asking for a reasonable extension then I'm all good but I doubt that's what he's asking.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:03 pm

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
Bengals face Chiefs in week 2 this season. First time Bengals-Chiefs have been early in the season during this entire run of the competitive Burrow-Mahomes rivalry. The #Bengals under Joe Burrow have been notoriously slow starters.

Bengals w/ Burrow are 1-7 in the first two weeks of the season.

Much of this connects to the awful luck of camp/preseason maladies he battled, but KC on the slate applies more heat on changing the trend.

Statistical oddity!

Burrow in Week 2 the last three seasons lost every game by exactly three points.

All four starts against KC in his career (3 wins, 1 loss) have been decided by exactly 3 points.

If looking for a predictive spread ...

------------------------

I sure hope Zac has learned his lesson and gives our starters some playing time in the pre-season. I can see him being over-protective with Burrow coming off such a serious injury but as Jmble said off-site, he could just as easily get hurt on the first drive of week one as he is in the first quarter of the third pre-season game. Sometimes you just have to let them play and get ready.