Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:11 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:26 pm
Jmble wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:49 pm
Bengals released TE Mason Schreck, per source.

Hello Thaddeus Moss
Nevermind. Per Thad's Instagram Story: "Nah I Ain't Make it"
I would be very surprised if we didn't keep Moss, or at least try to keep him on the practice squad.

Well forgive me I checked the roster on the .com and Moss isn't on there.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:24 pm

I am VERY surprised. Some other team will certainly pick him up and he will become the next Ron Gronkowski at which point Burrow throws a tantrum and refuses to play. After a season long hold out SoP finally agrees to a trade for Burrow who goes to the Detroit Lions and leads them to 5 Superbowl rings, SoP dies a merciless death and Zac brings in Cam Newton to save the franchise.

FML.

I would have kept Moss at least on PS and gotten something for him.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:28 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:24 pm
Don't you have to release players and wait to see if they're signed by another team before you can put them on the practice squad...?

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:58 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:28 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Don't you have to release players and wait to see if they're signed by another team before you can put them on the practice squad...?
You are correct B. They put the players on waivers and if nobody claims them they get offered a practice squad contract.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:11 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:58 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:
You are correct B. They put the players on waivers and if nobody claims them they get offered a practice squad contract.

Ok, B I think is correct but I also believe you can restrict a certain number of players on PS. Anyone over that number is unprotected, and would have been claimed after waivers but you can still put them on PS. Cutting them and going thru the waiver process only applies to "x" number of players on the PS.

Or at least I thought that was the way it worked. I'll look it up later.
Seeking Superbowls

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:54 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:11 pm
Jmble wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:58 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

Ok, B I think is correct but I also believe you can restrict a certain number of players on PS. Anyone over that number is unprotected, and would have been claimed after waivers but you can still put them on PS. Cutting them and going thru the waiver process only applies to "x" number of players on the PS.

Or at least I thought that was the way it worked. I'll look it up later.
Everybody who goes on a practice squad has to be waived. That's why yesterday, everybody who was cut to make it down to the final roster size was waived. (There were a few exceptions of players being outright released) When nobody claims them, they are then offered a practice squad contract, which they can refuse if they want and become a free agent, but that doesn't usually happen.

Once they are on the practice squad, another team can sign them, but they have to sign them to the 53 man roster.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:52 am

From Paul Dehner

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
1m
Waiver wire deadline is noon, so we'll see if the #Bengals make any moves. Should know around 1.

Have to think they are assessing edge rusher and maybe a vet OL piece, in particular.

Yesterday's 53 was just the start.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:40 pm

Dehner again
Bengals claim edge Wyatt Ray and DB Nick McCloud on waivers.

The edge was definitely expected as they search for answers in replacing what they expected out of Joseph Ossai (IR).
Obviously not grabbing any big players here, but Wyatt Ray was drafted by Cleveland in 2019. He played 68 snaps in 2020 grabbing one sack.

Overall PFF Score was a 56.4 in very limited play.

McCloud is a rookie CB out of Notre Dame. He was undrafted. Apparently had an impressive Pro Day, but didn't impress anybody enough to draft him, or Buffalo to keep him.

Here's a link to an article from a Notre Dame site regarding his Pro Day if you're interested

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/what- ... raft-stock

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:19 pm

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)
#Bengals signing WR Trent Taylor and Poop Williams to their practice squad. They stay put.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:49 pm

Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH)
The #Bengals are adding Drue Chrisman to their practice squad, per source.