Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

0-5

Post by skycruiser » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Omg this Defense is so bad

stripesincarolina

Re: 0-5

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:43 pm

Didnt watch or listen today. However upon seeing the game feed on her phone my wife offered this nugget of optimism......."at least it came down to the last play honey!"

Season over. Ace, shut this place down until March. Not even worth discussing this dumpster fire.
Seeking Superbowls

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:56 pm

They sure do keep finding new ways to lose. So based on the pattern next week they will get blown out.

They should have let Murry score on that long scramble near end of the game. Part of the problem was Taylor calling a TO with 4 min left to stop the clock left way to much time after the Bengals scored.

Andy may not be the best QB out there but he is far from one of the problems on this team. Showed how good he can be when he got a little time like in the 2nd half.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 pm

This game summed up life as a bengals fan...we are getting completely embarrassed by an inferior team with a rookie QB. We somehow realize there’s a game to be played and score twice in 4 mins to give fans a glimmer of hope. Rookie QB proceeds to shred what remaining dignity we had left and remind us how stupid we were for spending a single moment of our time following this team

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:18 pm

I just don't understand how we can go an entire game and look like the worst offense in the world then score 14 points in less then 4 minutes... I knew as soon as we scored to tie the game we were going to lose. This is just how we operate, get close enough only to pull the ball out from underneath us like Charlie Brown. I'm just lost right now as a football fan!

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:43 pm

I knew it would be a long season... but damn!!!!

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:54 am

I'm calling 2 - 14, I raised it from 0-16 because I'm thinking AJ Green will make a little bit of a difference when he returns.

Ryno

Post by Ryno » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:49 pm

If he returns as a Bengal......

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:46 pm

What bothers me is they are obviously struggling. They have obvious holes. Instead of getting what good players they have left on the field, the coaches are running the same plays with scrubs. They are trying to run the Rams offense. Most of the plays are run out of 11 personnel (3WR?1RB/1TE). This is fine if you have AJ and Ross healthy or even just one of the 2. Right now they are running this with Boyd and 2 scrubs (they may be decent players one day, but they are young, inexperience, and slow).

Of their healthy and active offensive skill players, they have the largest investments in draft capital and salary at RB and TE. Knowing this, they still run 11 personnel most of the time (most in the league I hear). Why not find ways to get these guys on the field more together? You just extended Gio, but he is warming the bench. You just brought back Eifert, Usomah, and spent a premium draft pick on Sample, yet they are barely on the field. I get they are probably being cautious with Eifert, but at this point who cares? He is the most talented WR on the team. Use him until you can't.

Good coaches find ways to work their schemes around the players they have. Belichick is the master at this. He'll put RBs at WR, WRs at RB or whaterver it takes to get his best talent the ball. He doesn't just put the next scrub in, hoping he can work withing the present scheme. A big part of this system is using the Jet sweep motion. It was originally supposed to be Ross doing it because of his speed. Why not put Gio in this spot? Have him come across and take a pitch around the corner or get him in the open field on a wheel route. Split Eifert out wide on a corner and leave either Usomah or Sample next to the OT. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. If we are going to lose, at least lets do it with our best players on the field and the coaches doing what they can to utilize them as best they can. At least the games might be watchable.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:24 pm

I thank GOD I'm going to the philippines so I'll miss this train wreck for a few weeks.